Titans go receiver again, draft Taylor in 3rd
- The Tennessee Titans traded up to the 72nd overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft and drafted receiver Taywan Taylor.
- Taylor’s overall grade of 84.6 ranked 13th among all receivers in college football last season.
- He was the sixth-most-targeted receiver in the NCAA last year with 146 targets. He caught 98 of them, and his 1,730 yards gained ranked third.
- Taylor averaged 3.91 yards per route run last season, which ranked third in the entire country last year among receivers with more than 100 targets.
- The Titans are stocking up on weapons for QB Marcus Mariota, already having drafted Corey Davis in the first round. The pick of Taylor, who is likely a slot receiver at the next level, may lead to Davis playing on the outside to allow both players to be on the field at the same time.