Titans could covet O.J. Howard's run-blocking ability
Alabama tight end O.J. Howard is an ideal fit for a Titans’ offense that recently lost PFF’s top-rated run-blocking tight end Anthony Fasano.
- Howard’s 81.5 run-blocking grade was the highest among all college tight ends in 2016.
- He would have a chance to make an immediate impact for a Titans offense that used multiple tight-end packages on 36 percent of their plays last season, 13 percent above the league average.
- In addition to his run-blocking prowess, Howard is one of the top pass-catching tight ends in this year’s class. Last season, he caught 45 of his 57 targets and averaged 1.8 yards per route run.
- His four catches of 20-plus yards beyond the line of scrimmage was the fifth-most for a tight end last season.
- Over his three-year career, he averaged 7.8 yards after the catch.