Steelers go defense late in 1st, select Edge T.J. Watt
- The Pittsburgh Steelers spent the 30th overall pick on Wisconsin edge defender T.J. Watt to bolster an edge rotation still hugely dependent on James Harrison.
- Watt saved his impact for crucial situations, ranking sixth in the class in fourth-quarter and third-down pass-rush productivity.
- Overall, Watt ranked sixth in the class in pass-rush productivity (16.4 percent).
- He’s an excellent fit as a stand-up outside linebacker in the Steelers’ odd front, ranking first in the class in pass-rush productivity from a three-point stance.
- Watt is also far from one-dimensional, earning a grade of 80.0 against the run.