Saints draft 2nd defensive player, select Utah's Marcus Williams
- The New Orleans Saints made Utah safety Marcus Williams the 10th pick in the second round of the 2017 NFL Draft Friday.
- Williams led all FBS safeties with a run-stop percentage of 11.8 percent in 2016.
- He missed just one tackle against the run in 2016, and none when lined up within eight yards of the line of scrimmage at the snap.
- He allowed just 0.09 yards per coverage snap, the lowest among all safeties in FBS.
- Saints current starting safeties Vonn Bell (77.5) and Kenny Vaccaro (79.9) both graded among the top 50 safeties in football in 2016.