Raiders select Ohio State CB Gareon Conley at No. 24
- The Oakland Raiders selected Ohio State CB Gareon Conley with the 24th pick in the first round of the draft Thursday.
- Conley had been pegged earlier in the draft, but slipped to the Oakland Raiders due to late-arising off-field issues.
- Conley’s 0.51 yards per cover snap was the second-lowest among draft-eligible CBs.
- Conley’s 22.1 cover snaps per reception were the fourth-highest of all draft-eligible CBs.
- The longest reception that Conley allowed in 2016 went for 21 yards. That was the shortest among draft-eligible Big 10 CBs.
- Conley’s coverage grade of 85.7 ranked third-highest among draft-eligible Big 10 CBs.
- He allowed just 14 receptions for 159 yards, and an NFL passer rating of 14.0 when targeted, which was best in the nation.