PFF scouting report: Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
Here is the PFF draft profile for Ole Miss wide receiver Laquon Treadwell, which incorporates PFF’s college grades and scouting intel from our team of analysts. To see all of PFF’s 2016 scouting reports, click here.
Position rank: Top 5
Overall rank: Top 32
Outside wide receiver.
Stat to know:
Forced seven missed tackles on 14 receptions against Memphis, and had 17 total missed tackles forced in 2015.
What he does best:
• Great use of hands to get free from press coverage
• Does well getting separation on slants
• Plays the ball well in the air
• Separation in general is really poor, will have to win in the catch point in the NFL
• Inconsistent at the catch point. Out muscles defensive backs at times, but loses at others
Player style comparison:
Chicago Bears’ Alshon Jeffery. Treadwell isn’t Jeffery yet, but if he’s going to have success in the NFL it’ll be because he can win on contested catches and on back shoulder throws, where Jeffery has excelled.
Treadwell didn’t run in Indianapolis, and based on film study it’s fair to question just how fast he can run. Big plays might be tough to come by, but he can still be a solid receiver in the NFL.