PFF scouting report: Matt Weiser, TE, Buffalo
Below is the PFF draft profile for Buffalo tight end Matt Weiser, which incorporates PFF’s college grades and scouting intel from our team of analysts. To see all of PFF’s 2016 scouting reports, click here.
Stat to know:
Fourth-highest receiving grade of any tight end in the class.
What he does best:
• Two straight years of production at Buffalo. Made a number of catches with defenders draped all over him.
• Solid balance after the catch. Not going to go down on first contact. 16 broken tackles on 78 catches over the past two seasons.
• Slow, slow, slow. No speed to separate past linebackers. Underneath guy.
• Body control is iffy. Very rigid in his routes. Can get stuck on a good jam.
• Little burst in and out of breaks. Needs to learn to use his leverage.
Weiser is a developmental prospect who has to improve on his routes to hack it in the league. His abilities at the catch point make him valuable towards the end of the draft.