PFF scouting report: Ka'imi Fairbairn, K, UCLA
Below is the PFF draft profile for UCLA’s Ka’imi Fairbairn, which incorporates PFF’s college grades and scouting intel from our team of analysts. To see all of PFF’s 2016 scouting reports, click here.
Stats to know:
Led all kickers in the 2015 draft class with 59 touchbacks from 84 kickoffs.
What he does best:
• Consistent inside 40 yards, with just one miss from 32 attempts in the past two seasons.
• Missed just one of 95 extra-point attempts over the past two seasons.
• Made a kick from a career long 60 yards against Cal in 2015.
• Kicking from distance improved as a senior, going two-for-three from that range in 2015, after missing all three previous attempts.
• Lacks consistency from beyond 40 yards, connecting on just 54.5 percent between 2014 and 2015.
• Converted on just 72.7 percent and 66.7 percent of field goals during his freshman and sophomore seasons, respectively.
Fairbairn has arguably the biggest range in this draft class after making a 60-yard field goal in 2015. That, coupled with his ability to boom kicks for touchbacks, will get teams interested, but his inconsistency on kicks between 40 and 49 yards will need to improve if he is to become anything more than a kickoff specialist.