PFF scouting report: Jaden Oberkrom, K, TCU
Below is the PFF draft profile for TCU’s Jaden Oberkrom, which incorporates PFF’s college grades and scouting intel from our team of analysts. To see all of PFF’s 2016 scouting reports,click here.
Stats to know:
Went three-for-three on field goals of 50 yards or more in 2015.
What he does best:
• Comfortable from distance, making 100 percent of the field goals he attempted from 50 yards or more in 2015.
• Field-goal percentage improved every year throughout his college career, from 73.3 percent as a freshman to 84.0 percent as a senior.
• Career long of 57 yards; also made a kick of 56 yards.
• Hit on 87.5 percent of field goals between 40 and 49 yards in 2015, which would have been good enough to rank seventh in the NFL.
• 57 touchbacks from 94 kickoffs in 2015 (60.6 percent).
• Senior year was his best in terms of field-goal percentage (84.0), but that would have ranked just 24th in the NFL last season.
• Field-goal percentage of under 80.0 percent in two of his four seasons in college.
Oberkrom is the most NFL-ready kicker in this draft based on his senior year. Along with a booming leg that can force touchbacks and make field goals of over 50 yards, he made his share of game-defining kicks and deserves consideration in the draft.