PFF scouting report: Adam Bisnowaty, T, Pitt
Name: Adam Bisnowaty
Position fit: Tackle
Stats to know: Surrendered 14 pressures in 2014, 12 pressures in 2015 and 13 pressures in 2016.
What he does best:
- Great at controlling defenders with a violent arm press.
- Good frame and plays longer than his arm length would suggest.
- Good play-side zone-blocker. Expands play side well.
- Had a high percentage of positive graded run blocks relative to his percentage of run blocking grades.
- Good football IQ, minimal mental errors.
- Bit stiff and not great at changing directions.
- Has the ability to get into position on the back side of zone blocks, but often lost control.
- Can get overextended in pass protection (how will he block more athletic rushers in the NFL?).
- Lack of versatility in blocks at Pitt, was not asked to make difficult blocks.
- Doesn’t possess skill set to naturally be a great fit in a run scheme, zone or gap blocking.
- Had an equally large amount of negative run block grades relative to the percentage of his run blocks.
- Consistently struggled in pass protection.
- Run-blocking grades have regressed year over year.
Bottom line: Bisnowaty has flashed the ability to succeed in the run game, but it’s concerning to see his regression over the years. He should have had more success in a friendly Pittsburgh scheme, and coupled with his struggles during Senior Bowl week, there are concerns about Bisnowaty’s fit at the next level. Bisnowaty does play with great length with his arms and this shows itself both on film and his compilation of positive run-blocking grades. However, his lack of athleticism has led to a high number of negatively graded run-blocking grades also to balance out the good plays. Bisnowaty’s biggest struggles will probably come in pass protection as he struggles to quickly change directions causing him to be out of position to block the rusher. It’s difficult to project a scheme fit for Bisnowaty as he does not appear quick enough to play in a zone-blocking scheme so he is probably best suited for a gap-blocking scheme although there is needed improvement in his power-blocking skill set.