Patriots go offensive line, draft Antonio Garcia
- The New England Patriots selected offensive tackle Antonio Garcia in the third round of the draft Friday night.
- Garcia’s 98.9 pass-blocking efficiency ranked second in the draft class.
- He allowed 0 sacks, 1 QB hit, and 6 hurries in 2016.
- Garcia consistently improved year-to-year as a pass blocker, but his run-blocking grade dropped the past two years.
- He had a success rate of 89.9 percent on run blocks, which ranked 67th among draft-eligible tackles.
- Garcia played in an “Air-Raid” style offense, so he may have a more difficult adjustment to the NFL than other linemen. He gives the Patriots depth at swing-tackle in 2017.