Marshon Lattimore falls to Saints at No. 11
- New Orleans Saints selected cornerback Marshon Lattimore with its first-round pick in the NFL draft Thursday night.
- The 2016 season was Lattimore’s lone as a starter due to injuries in 2015, but he held opposing quarterbacks to a passer rating of 31.9 when throwing into his coverage last year.
- Out of Lattimore’s 41 targets last season, he broke up or intercepted 10, nearly 25 percent.
- Lattimore allowed a completion percentage of just 16.7 percent to opposing quarterbacks on deep passes targeted 20-plus yards downfield.
- He did not miss a tackle on his 37 solo tackle attempts in 2016.
- Lattimore gives the Saints a solid playmaker to start opposite Delvin Breaux, and helps solidify a cornerback position that featured their top five players all allowing a passer rating of at least 93.0 last season.