Malik McDowell goes to Seattle with 3rd pick in second round
- The Seattle Seahawks finally made their first pick of the NFL draft, selecting Malik McDowell in the second round Friday.
- McDowell had the second-most run stops amongst defensive tackles in the Big Ten this past season.
- His positional versatility stands out, but McDowell projects best to edge in Seattle’s base scheme, where he registered 186 of roughly 420 snaps in 2016.
- McDowell recorded a greater majority of his pressures as an edge defender (19 of 30) than on the interior.
- His college career illustrated an ability to kick inside in the nickel, where his explosiveness and change of direction is tough to contain.