Jets go defense again, select Florida's Maye in 2nd round
- The Jets selected Marcus Maye with their second-round pick in the NFL draft Friday.
- Maye ranked second among 346 qualified FBS safeties by allowing just 31.6 percent of targets into his coverage to be caught.
- He ranked second among SEC safeties this season with a 4.5 run-stop percentage.
- Maye also ranked second among SEC safeties with a 7.0 run-stop percentage when he was lined up within eight yards of the line of scrimmage. Maye lined up within eight yards of the line of scrimmage on 57.7 percent of his run-defense snaps, he recorded nine stops and had no missed tackles.
- Maye led all FBS safeties who played at least 300 defensive snaps in 2016 with a 49.0 tackle efficiency rating (the number of attempted tackles made per each missed tackle).