Jaguars select WR Westbrook early in the 4th
- The Jacksonville Jaguars used the 110th overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft to select WR Dede Westbrook out of Oklahoma.
- Last season, Westbrook finished with an overall grade of 87.9, which was the third-highest grade among wide receivers in the NCAA.
- Westbrook averaged 4.08 yards per route run last year, which ranked second in the NCAA among receivers with at least 100 targets.
- He’s an impressive deep threat, with almost a quarter of his targets coming on throws at least 20 yards in the air. His 721 yards on deep passes ranked third in the nation and his 11 touchdowns ranked first.
- The Jaguars are trying to load up their offense with weapons, specifically in the slot where Westbrook is projected to play. Last season’s slot for the Jaguars, Allen Hurns, had an overall grade of just 50.2. Westbrook will add competition and depth to a solid receiving crew in Jacksonville.