Jaguars move up slot to select Alabama T Cam Robinson
- The Jacksonville Jaguars swapped picks with the Seahawks and selected tackle Cam Robinson with their first pick of Day 2 of the draft Friday night.
- Robinson graded well each of the past three seasons, but did not produce consistently enough to represent the top-10 talent he looks like at times.
- Robinson showed improvement as a pass protector in 2016, and his pass-blocking grade jumped from 71.1 the year before to 79.5, and allowed just one sack.
- His 97.8 pass-blocking efficiency in 2016 ranked 10th in the draft class at tackle.
- Robinson committed 23 penalties over the past two seasons.
- Jacksonville traded for LT Branden Albert in March, who is coming off a poor season where his 42.2 overall grade ranked 65th out of 78 qualifying tackles.
- Robinson likely stays at tackle for the long-term and could take over for Albert if he doesn’t have a bounce-back season, but he may start at guard for the 2017 season until then.