Giants supplement defense with DI Tomlinson
- The New York Giants used the 55th overall pick of the 2017 NFL Draft to select interior defender Dalvin Tomlinson out of Alabama.
- Only six interior defenders had a higher overall grade last season than the 88.1 that Tomlinson earned at Alabama.
- Tomlinson was one of only 11 interior defenders last season to grade above 84.0 in both pass-rushing and run defending.
- He had 23 solo run stops last year (24th among defensive tackles in this draft class) on top of 40 total pressures (ranked seventh in the class).
- The Giants need depth behind star interior defender Damon Harrison, who was the seventh-highest-graded interior defender in the NFL last season at 85.8 overall. Their two returning next-in-line players Jay Bromley (43.2 overall) and Romeo Darkwa (42.1 overall) ranked 102nd and 110th, respectively, among qualified interior defenders last season (out of 127 overall).