Falcons bolster pass rush with McDowell and McKinley in PFF mock draft
By PFF Analysis Team • Atlanta Falcons • Malik McDowell • Takkarist McKinley • Apr 19, 2017LAS VEGAS, NV - SEPTEMBER 12: Takkarist McKinley #98 and Jaleel Wadood #2 of the UCLA Bruins celebrate blocking a punt during their game against the UNLV Rebels at Sam Boyd Stadium on September 12, 2015 in Las Vegas, Nevada. UCLA won 37-3. (Photo by David Becker/Getty Images)
- With their first two picks in PFF’s live mock draft, our writers had the Falcons selecting two edge-rushers in Michigan State’s Malik McDowell (31st overall) and UCLA’s Takkarist McKinley (63rd) to bolster their below-average pass rush.
- Atlanta’s most efficient pass-rusher from 2016, Dwight Freeney (pass-rush productivity of 10.1) remains a free agent.
- In 2016, McDowell was extremely effective at producing quick pressure, while McKinley wreaked havoc later in plays.
- On plays where the QB threw in under 2.5 seconds, McDowell ranked third among draft-eligible interior defenders in PRP with a 9.9 rating.
- On plays were the QB threw in 2.6 seconds or more, McKinley ranked fifth among draft-eligible edge defenders with a 26.2 PRP rating.