Davis Webb heads to New York as QB depth
- The New York Giants used the 87th overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft to select quarterback Davis Webb.
- Webb had an overall grade of 68.7 last season, 67th in the NCAA among all starting quarterbacks.
- He was one of the most frequent deep throwers in college football last season. His 1,186 yards on passes traveling more than 20 yards in the air ranked 10th in the NCAA and his 18 touchdowns ranked fourth.
- Webb ranked 10th in the nation in total yards thrown in the air.
- Giants starting QB Eli Manning is 36 years old and coming off his worst season since 2006, grading out at 53.0 overall. That ranked 27th out of 34 qualified quarterbacks last season. While Webb isn’t expected to replace Manning, at least right away, he provides competition and a backup in case of injury to Manning.