Dalvin Cook finally gets drafted, heads to Minnesota
- The Minnesota Vikings traded up in the second round to select Florida State RB Dalvin Cook with the 41st overall pick in the NFL draft Friday.
- Cook is the ninth-ranked player in PFF’s top 300 prospects of 2017.
- Cook averaged 4.2 yards after contact per attempt last season, second-highest among halfbacks in this draft class.
- Cook’s 88.8 overall grade last season was second-best among halfbacks.
- He led the FBS in elusive rating last season, breaking 99 tackles.
- Cook will be paired with Latavius Murray in the Vikings backfield, meaning Minnesota has replaced Adrian Peterson with two formidable halfbacks.