Cowboys help their defense, select Taco Charlton
- The Dallas Cowboys selected Taco Charlton with their first-round pick in the NFL draft Thursday.
- Charlton ranked fifth among draft-eligible edge defenders with a 16.6 pass-rush productivity rating in 2016 (PRP measures pressure created on a per-snap basis with weighting toward sacks).
- Charlton ranked 18th out of 380 qualified FBS edge defenders in 2015 with a 15.1 PRP.
- Charlton has nearly evenly split time between left defensive end and right defensive end over the last two seasons, seeing 366 snaps from the left spot and 388 snaps from the right.
- Charlton cut down his missed tackles from 2015 to 2016, missing four over 510 defensive snaps in 2016 after missing six over just 389 defensive snaps in 2015.