Cowboys go CB again, selecting Lewis in 3rd
- The Dallas Cowboys selected cornerback Jourdan Lewis in the third round of the draft Friday night.
- Lewis was the third-ranked cornerback on PFF’s big board, with a first-round grade.
- Over the past three seasons, Lewis intercepted six passes and broke up another 28.
- Lewis allowed a passer rating below 48.0 and a completion percentage below 42 percent in each of the past three seasons.
- He allowed a reception once every 21.8 snaps in coverage in 2016, the sixth-best rate in the draft class.
- After selecting CB Chidobe Awuzie in the second-round, the Cowboys have doubled up at the position after losing Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne in free agency.
- Long-range speed may be a bit of a concern for Lewis, but his experience spot outside and in the slot, as well as press-man coverage, fit the Cowboys’ system well.