Corey Davis would give the Titans a strong after-the-catch weapon
- Wide receiver Rishard Matthews led the Titans with 218 yards after the catch last season, which ranked 54th in the NFL. However, his average of 3.4 yards after the catch per reception ranked 80th among receivers that played at least 272 snaps.
- Matthews’ counterpart, Tajae Sharpe, averaged 2.1 yards after the catch, which ranked 111th.
- Western Michigan’s Corey Davis averaged 7.2 yards after the catch in 2016. His 710 receiving yards after the catch last season were the seventh-most in FBS.
- Davis forced 16 missed tackles last season, 11th among this year’s draft-eligible receivers.
- His 3.55 yards per route run ranks fourth in this year’s class.
Fantasy Slant: Our top-ranked fantasy wide receiver in this year’s class, Davis is coming off a prolific college career where he racked up 5,285 yards and 52 scores. He projects as a high-volume receiver with the potential to pay immediate dividends as a fantasy option. For more on Davis’ fantasy outlook, be sure to check out our pre-draft fantasy wide receiver profiles.