Colts go defense again, select Quincy Wilson in 2nd
- The Indianapolis Colts used their 46th overall pick in the second round of the 2017 NFL Draft to select corner Quincy Wilson.
- In 2016, Wilson allowed just 16 catches on 49 targets for 227 yards and just one touchdown vs three interceptions and three passes defended. His QB rating against of 29.9 was first among all SEC corners.
- Despite being targeted every 7.4 cover snaps, Wilson allowed a reception every 22.7 coverage snaps, which was fifth in the nation among corners that saw at least 20 targets.
- He also allowed just 0.63 yards per coverage snap, which ranked 12thin the country.
- The Colts highest-graded corner in football last year was Rashaan Melvin at 75.0, which ranked 51st in the NFL. Star corner Vontae Davis had a massive down year, grading out at only 47.3, 98th among qualified corners. Clearly their pass defense needs help and they’ll hope Wilson can be the one to do it.