Colts continue to add to defense, selecting Basham
- The Indianapolis Colts used the 80th overall selection in the draft Friday to draft edge rusher Tarell Basham.
- Last season, Basham finished with an overall grade of 86.2, 25th in the NCAA among edge defenders.
- Basham was more of a pass-rusher — his 87.3 grade there ranked 15th in the country among edge players.
- He had 10 sacks and 71 total pressures last season, the fifth-most at his position in 2016. His pass-rushing productivity of 14.5 ranked sixth.
- Basham should hopefully be able to compete for a spot right away, as the Colts need lots of edge-rushing help. Currently their starting edge defenders are Jabaal Sheard (79.6 overall grade) and John Simon (78.3). Behind them there is little depth, so Basham should be able to work into the rotation.