Chargers take 2nd straight guard by drafting Dan Feeney
- The Los Angeles Chargers selected Indiana guard Dan Feeney with the 71st pick in the 2017 NFL draft Friday.
- The Chargers select guards with back-to-back picks in the second round as they selected Western Kentucky’s Forrest Lamp earlier on Day 2.
- Although he played both guard and offensive tackle for the Hoosiers, Feeney is expected to play solely at guard at the next level.
- While he somewhat struggled late in the season playing tackle, Feeney was off to a good start to the 2016 season as he played well in pass protection and was even better in run-blocking at right guard.
- Furthermore, at guard Feeney was excellent on pass-blocking snaps too since he gave up only one pressure on 148 pass-blocking snaps in the guard position in 2016.