Chargers add Mike Williams to crowded receiving corps
- The Los Angeles Chargers selected Mike Williams with its first-round pick in the NFL draft Thursday.
- Williams caught 53.8 percent of his deep targets in 2016, which ranked fourth among 64 FBS wide receivers that had at least 25 deep targets (20-plus yards in the air).
- Continuing with the deep ball, 29 percent of his targets in 2016 came on go routes and they produced six of his 11 touchdowns.
- Williams ranked 18th among all FBS receivers last season after he dropped just 5.77 percent of his catch opportunities.
- Williams ranked 12th among FBS receivers with an average of 3.34 yards per route run in 2016.
- Williams joins a receiving corps that already has one stud wide receiver (when healthy) on the roster in Keenan Allen.