Budda Baker becomes 2nd Washington player drafted Friday
- The Arizona Cardinals traded up to select Washington safety Budda Baker with the 36th pick in the draft Friday.
- Baker, who is expected to replace Tony Jefferson, is one of the truly complete safeties in this year’s class as he plays nearly equally well against the run and in coverage, while he can contribute as a pass-rusher too.
- In fact, Baker allowed just one touchdown reception on 55 total targets when he was in primary coverage of the intended receiver in 2016.
- In the running game, Baker missed just one tackle on 343 snaps and his tackling efficiency of 31.0 ranked second in this year’s class.
- In addition, Baker recorded two sacks, two hits, and five hurries on 27 pass-rushing snaps, which earned him the second-highest pass-rushing productivity score among safeties in this year’s class.