Buccaneers opt for TE, draft O.J. Howard in first round
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers made O.J. Howard the 19th selection in the 2017 NFL Draft.
- Howard’s 81.8 run-block grade was tied for tops among FBS TEs in 2016.
- Howard allowed 1 pressure on 63 pass-block snaps in 2016.
- Cameron Brate was the Buccaneers highest-graded tight end in 2016, with a grade of 82.8, but no other tight end on the team graded above 69.0.
- Howard dropped 2 of 47 catchable passes in 2016.
- Howard caught 8 passes for 180 out of the slot in 2016.