Buccaneers go defense, select Evans from Texas A&M
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers selected Texas A&M safety Justin Evans with the 50th pick of the NFL draft.
- In 2016, ranked second in the FBS (of 346 qualified safeties) in passes defensed with 8.
- He recorded 15 stops in the passing game in 2016, tied for third among FBS safeties.
- Evans gave up an average of just 8.3 yards per reception and two touchdowns in 2016 while intercepting four passes and breaking up eight.
- He’s an explosive athlete with high upside who has been great in coverage throughout his collegiate career.
- Evans will have to improve his tackling at the next level, as he missed 38 in two seasons at Texas A&M.