Browns look north, select Michigan's Jabrill Peppers
- The Cleveland Browns selected Jabrill Peppers with its second first-round pick in the NFL draft Thursday.
- Peppers brings position flexibility: In 2016, he lined up as a free safety 67 times, as a box safety 452 times, and as a cornerback 236 times.
- Peppers led all draft-eligible non-kickers and punters in terms of special-teams grade in 2016.
- Peppers’ 5.9 run-stop percentage in 2016 ranked seventh among 109 qualified draft-eligible safeties.
- Peppers 10.7 tackle efficiency rating (the number of attempted tackles made per each missed tackle) ranked 20th among 119 qualified draft-eligible safeties this season. Peppers was an especially sure tackler in coverage, missing just one tackle on 18 attempts.