Browns go with Myles Garrett as first pick in 2017 NFL Draft
- The Cleveland Browns selected Texas A&M edge defender Myles Garrett with the first overall pick in the NFL draft Thursday.
- Garrett ranked among the nation’s top five edge defenders in all three of his seasons at Texas A&M.
- Garrett improved his run defense in every season, grading at 87.8 in 2016 and finishing third in the country among edge defenders.
- Picked up 31 sacks, 35 QB hits, and 98 hurries on 978 rushes at Texas A&M.
- 2016 second-round draft pick Emmanuel Ogbah was the only player on the Browns roster in 2016 to register more than seven quarterback knockdowns (sacks and hits).
- Former Browns player Paul Kruger is the only Browns defender in the past five years to register at least 50 total pressures in a single season.