Bills go QB, take Nathan Peterman in the 5th round
- With the 171st pick in the NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills selected QB Nathan Peterman from Pittsburgh.
- Peterman fell to the fifth round in part because he does not have a strong arm, but he has a quick release and is accurate, which both translate well for the next level.
- In PFF’s position rankings for the QB class, Peterman ranked fifth.
- When pressured Peterman had the nation’s No. 2 overall passer rating at 114.7.
- He boosted his completion percentage by 9.8 percent on play action passes, the eighth-largest improvement in the class.
- Passing in 2.5 seconds or less: 69.9 percent completion, 18 TD, 3 INT, 124.6 QB rating.