49ers take Solomon Thomas after trading down
- The 49ers made Solomon Thomas the third overall pick in the draft Thursday, nabbing him after a trade down with the Chicago Bears.
- The former Stanford Cardinal was a dominant run defender in 2016, topping the class with a 92.5 run-defense grade.
- His run-stop percentage of 12 percent ranked third.
- Thomas also managed a pressure every 10 pass-rush snaps, again ranking third in the class.
- The dominant defensive lineman joins a corps including DeForest Buckner and Arik Armstead, but the front is desperate for help on the edge.
- Thomas has the versatility to play on the interior or the outside.