Become Part of the PFF Team!
At ProFootballFocus.com, we work with NFL teams, players, agents, and media, providing them with the totally unique data gathered by our team and the information about every player that is derived from it. It’s the desire to break new ground and be involved that motivates us, not the money we may make out of this going forward.
Therefore, all the roles below should be seen first and foremost as voluntary. If you love football and want to be involved with a group of people whose paramount objective is to drive knowledge of the NFL to new levels and have fun doing it, then you certainly should apply. If you are simply interested in earning some extra cash, I think you’ll find you won’t fit in.
That said, we are expanding and, as time goes on, we’ll likely be looking to recruit people for more full-time paid roles. Team members who start off as unpaid volunteers and do a great job put themselves in fantastic position as we grow.
* Application period now closed.
ProFootballFocus.com is seeking a number of highly enthusiastic and dedicated NFL fans to join their analysis team. If you’re a passionate follower of football, looking to expand your knowledge of the game and get a foot in the door of the NFL industry, then you could have what it takes to become a part of PFF.
In working for PFF you will contribute to the analysis and statistics that make PFF so unique. Every person from CEO to newest member of the team has started off working on the collation of player participation data that can take upwards of 10 hours per game to collect initially and, although this does reduce considerably with experience, it is not for the faint of heart. Producing this data improves your knowledge of the game and put you in a position to represent the PFF brand through articles, etc.
The successful candidate must have:
● Demonstrable knowledge of the NFL product and what PFF does
● A very high level of enthusiasm and passion for the NFL and Pro Football Focus
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
● Ability to meet deadlines
● Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and excellent attention to detail
● At least 10 hours of free time between Sundays and Wednesday morning of the regular season to finish work
● Access to footage of NFL games (either recorded yourself or from NFL.com’s Game Rewind)
In return, Pro Football Focus offers training, an opportunity for you to develop your own profile on a highly regarded media platform, access to data not made available to the public (even via subscription), and payment based on work done in-season depending on accuracy.
* This is not a full time position and there are no guarantees it will ever lead to one. You will be required to produce work during the regular season to a deadline, but at your own convenience. While we do pay for high quality work, if you are doing this purely for financial reward, the position is not for you.
To apply, or for more information on this position, please contact:
* Application period now closed.
ProFootballFocus.com is seeking a copy editor to join our editing staff. Absolutely must have an excellent grasp of the English language and a well-developed eye for detail. Will be expected to correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and style while maintaining the PFF “voice” and turning around articles in a timely manner. Candidates with prior editing experience will be given priority and those with pertinent college coursework are preferred. Regular hours to devote to PFF will be required and specific hours of availability will be an important factor in selecting the successful candidate. *Please note: This is not a writing gig and is not a paid position.
● Prior editing experience
● Excellent grasp of the English language
● Excellent attention to detail
● Regular hours to devote to PFF
● Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and produce quality work quickly
● Excellent interpersonal skills (both written and verbal)
● Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and must exhibit an organizational fit
● Reliable Internet access and email availability, and a Skype account
● Familiarity with WordPress
● An eye for formatting and web aesthetics
● College major/coursework in English, journalism, or communications
● Enthusiasm for and interest in the NFL
● Knowledge of PFF
● Sports writing experience
The successful candidate will act as part of the editing team to ensure the work of our analysis staff is presented in a consistent and professional fashion. In return, he/she will gain experience and bolster his/her portfolio with work on an established, growing, and highly-regarded media platform.
To apply, or for more information on this position, please contact: [email protected]