After possible career ending injury, Ravens release Pitta
- The Baltimore Ravens have released Dennis Pitta after the tight end re-injured his hip during OTAs.
- Returning from the same injury in 2016, Pitta led all tight ends with 50 receptions from the slot.
- His 1.35 yards per route run average from the slot ranked 18th at the position, while his overall YPRR average of 1.36 ranked 27th among tight ends.
- With 116 targets in 2016, Pitta ranked third behind only Carolina’s Greg Olsen and Minnesota’s Kyle Rudolph.
- Other tight ends on the Ravens roster combined for just 35 total targets in 2016.